Tuesday, December 8, 2009

Blog Day 1

Today is my first day of blogging EVER! I guess I should start out by introducing myself. My name is Nicole. I started this blog as a way to archive my experience over the next 10 months or so. I am a theatre major and public relations minor. I am so excited about the upcoming months in my life!!! I am going to be doing the Walt Disney World College Program for Spring Advantage 2010. 


For those of you who do not know: Walt Disney World offers this amazing program to college students throughout the globe. I am one lucky girl whose dream came true back in September, 2009. I have always loved Disney World. When I was younger my mom would take my brother and I down every school vacation week each year. I have been to Walt Disney World roughly around 13 times maybe more.


On one of those trips I started to learn about the college program from some of the employees working there. I was asking them how they got started working down there and one of them mentioned the college program. Right then and there the college program became one of my many goals in life. Since sixth grade I have wanted to go on the Disney program. This year I finally reached my junior year in college and decided it was the perfect time to go =D


I have been doing research for this program ever since I found out about it and so I knew exactly what was needed of me in order to apply. There was not a doubt in my mind that this would not happen. I would not let them turn me away! The first day that Disney began accepting applications this year I filled mine out online and sent it in. I was not going to wait around and chance having them fill up all of their positions. I knew I wanted to do attractions, and I knew I wanted to go on the longest program I could possibly go on. I also knew that these were two of the most competitive things to be accepted for, but it didn't matter! I was going to do this. I filled out the paperwork online, watched the required videos, answered surveys, met with a disney advisor at my school, and set up my phone interview. I will do a separate blog about the phone interview (it went very very well)!


Needless to say I was accepted for the Spring Advantage Program for 2010 and I will be working in Attractions. I am so unbelievably excited about this experience. I am so excited that I am creating this blog instead of writing a 10-page paper I have due tomorrow eeeek! Don't worry I will get it done! Disney is giving me the motivation to keep my grades in check. I cannot fail, withdraw, or receive an incomplete in any class in order to go on the internship. 


I will be flying down to Florida on January 17th, meeting up with my roommate who I was already matched with on January 19th, and checking in to start the program January 20th, 2010!!!!!! I cannot wait to go! I have to leave Aug. 6th, 2010, but I do not want to think about that until lets say Aug. 5th )=
Well now that you have an idea about what this blog is all about, I am going to go write that 10 page paper so I can get to Disney!
Have a Magical Evening <3

1 comment:

  1. I'm so excited for you and can't wait to follow along on your fabulous journey! Be sure to blog often so we can all experience it with you!

    HUGS,
    J-M

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comments and questions! I will try to stay on top of them and respond as quickly as I can.

Followers

Blog Archive